My name is Tammy Kotzur. I am a registered nurse, and the School Nurse at Vickers Elementary. I am a lifelong resident of Victoria. My 38 years of experience in the nursing profession includes the past 18 years in school nursing. I have been employed at Vickers for the last 16 years.
It is my pleasure to be able to assist your child in maintaining optimum health status. My goal is to assist your child in being present in the classroom and utilizing maximum capabilities for learning. This is accomplished through health promotion and education, disease prevention, intervention, remediation of specific health problems, and adaptation of the school environment to meet special needs.
Some of the specific services that I provide include:
- Health screenings, including vision, hearing, height/weight and spinal screenings, and also including Texas Risk Assessment for Type 2 Diabetes in Children
- Nursing assessment, planning and intervention for emergent and chronic health problems
- Medication administration
- Administration of treatments
- Health counseling
- Health teaching for students and staff
I look forward to helping your child learn and grow at Vickers. Please feel free to contact me regarding any questions or concerns that you may have, or just stop by the clinic and visit!