Safety Patrol is an important service that our 4th and 5th grade students provide in helping their peers safely get to and from school every day. A volunteer for Safety Patrol has a commitment to be at his/her position on time, every day. It takes a responsible and dedicated student to volunteer for Safety Patrol. Please read the following expectations before making the decision to volunteer for Safety Patrol.Vickers Safety Patrol Expectations
- Set a good example and encourage other students to observe safety rules at all times.
- Report for duty on time with the proper equipment. (Morning at 7:15 - 7:45 a.m. Afternoon at 3:25-3:55 p.m.)
- Perform duties faithfully. If you are going to be absent, please make sure to let one of the advisors know so that a substitute can be found right away. You may contact the school office at 788-9579
- If you have 3 unexcused absences, you will be removed from Safety Patrol. Excuses for not being at your post are just like being absent from school (doctor visits, illness, etc.). Unacceptable excuses are that you did not feel like doing your duty or you forgot to contact an advisor when you could not do your duty.
- Obey the teachers on duty. It is important to always pay attention to what you are doing when you are on duty. The teachers on duty are in charge. Please look to them for guidance.
- Take care of the equipment and keep the safety patrol closet neat. Make sure all signs, flags, vests and other equipment are in their proper places, and the door to the closet is closed.